Permission Granted: Ditching the Fake and Embracing Me at 45

The Power of "I Am": Embracing Authenticity at 45

For a long time, I played it safe. "Keeping it right" felt like the responsible choice, even if it meant suppressing my true self. Being "real" seemed disruptive, potentially fracturing expectations and carefully crafted facades. But today, on my birthday, I make a promise to myself: authenticity reigns supreme. No more forced smiles, fabricated tears, or inauthentic laughter. You see it, you get it.

This shift isn't random. Life, with its twists and turns, has forced a reckoning. The only casualty? Me, piecing myself back together. It's the realization that holding onto grudges for "proof" or letting them go for mere convenience doesn't serve me. It's okay to say, "I'm not ready."



Permission to Be Me

For far too long, I craved permission to be whole, to truly be myself and experience my emotions authentically. This public declaration grants me that permission and offers you, the reader, a glimpse into why things might not always go your way. My genuine response could be deeply personal, focused on someone else, or a reflection of a larger internal battle. It may involve self-sacrifice or indulgence, but no matter the path I choose, know this: it's undeniably how I feel.

It took 45 years to finally declare: I Am.

Comments